I received an advanced reader’s copy of Petra: City in Stone by T.L. Higley from B&H Publishing. I was not required to write a review, positive or otherwise; however, I would like to state that I was very pleased with the writing and the story line. It’s always interesting to consider the lives of the early Christians and how the church survived despite intense persecution.
The story centers on a Roman man running from God’s call and a Syrian woman, desperate to escape an abusive relationship with a con man and find a place for her son to belong. Their separate paths lead them both to Petra, the magnificent stone city that is oppressed by spiritual darkness.
When Cassia discovers that her son is heir to the throne of Petra, she believes that her search for belonging is over. However, her heartache is just beginning. Ripped from her son, she discovers the love and acceptance of the Christian church, who rallies around her and plots her son’s rescue.
Julian, after witnessing his friends devoured by lions as persecution for their faith, flees Rome and tries to escape God’s call on his life to be a leader. But God pursues him in Petra, and soon Julian must face his past and his future.
Julian and Cassia’s paths converge as they strive to save her son and fight the overwhelming darkness that overshadows the city. They must find their strength in God or continue to fail in their endeavors.
No comments:
Post a Comment