I received an advanced reader’s copy of The Wolf of Tebron by C.S. Lakin from AMG Publishers. I was not required to write a review, positive or otherwise.
If you’re looking for an allegory somewhat along the lines of Pilgrim’s Progess, I would highly recommend this book. Joran is Everyman, hoping to fit in and live out a simple existence working as a blacksmith, surrounded by family. But with the disappearance of his wife, he must venture into the unknown and face despair and defeat before he can rescue his wife and return a whole man.
Joran’s unique ability to talk to animals has always set him apart, but now it may just save his life. On one of the first days of his journey, he rescues a wolf caught in a trap. The wolf befriends and counsels him, and shadows him throughout his journey.
I thought C.S. Lakin wove a fascinating fairy tale and am looking forward to reading more from this series, The Gates of Heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment